Orchard Supply was originally established by prune farmers as a cooperative during the Great Depression. Each farmer chipped in $30 and Orchard Supply was born on March 1, 1931, at 230 Bassett St. in San Jose. The company then relocated to 44 Vine St. and in 1947 moved to this store on West San Carlos. The sign is probably from soon after, in the early 1950s and is the only one of it’s kind.
720 W. San Carlos